Tuesday, June 9, 2009

First post... Woot!

So I guess this is my first post. Trying something new I guess. The premise behind this blog is that it'll let me track my progress as well as share some images of what I am making. Hopefully the idea that someone out there is looking at this blog will motivate me to keep coming up with interesting ideas. Either way I've found that I have quite a bit of time on my hands and I should be making some art during that time. So this seems like a fun and easy way to share what I am doing with all my friends!

So far it feels like the transition to working in this space is going rough, but I am optimistic that I will come up with something by the end of the week. I think I am almost there. I got my small work bench set up in my studio (a.k.a. laundry room). Today I glued together the last slices of door that i had left over from Whitewater. Originally I was going to bring a lot more with me but I feel like I should be done with those forms for now. Either way I am struggling to find avenue to explore. I walked on the beach today with Tabby and found a nice piece of driftwood that I thought I would cut apart with my small circular saw. The saw is smaller than the wood and would not cut through the diameter of it (demoralized me for at least 10 minutes). Even though it didn't work out like I had intended the driftwood has given me a few more ideas. Overall I am thankful that I have a place to make some work. I also realize the importance of gathering objects and bringing them home.

Anyway this is long enough for now. I am going to go back to my studio for a bit and hopefully come up with something worth posting about tomorrow. The images are: my cool new studio! [top images] Last Piece (for now) made from the sliced up door [bottom images].



No comments:

Post a Comment