Friday, June 19, 2009

I have returned! Vacation was great fun (as it should be)! We rented a house boat on the Mississippi river. We stayed at three differnt beaches. For most of the trip we were a bit north of a small town called Wabasha, MN. Overall we traveled a 20 mile stretch of the river. The scenery and was beautiful. We caught some fish and watched some eagles. One morning we woke up to the sound of an eagle feast that was happening about 30 yds down the beach from our houseboat. One of the bald eagles caught a huge fish and eight of her friends came to share it with her. Well I was there I made a couple of stacks. So this is what I have to share for this week. Hope you enjoy. I'll be kayaking on a river near Stevens Point, WI this weekend so hopefully I'll have another post early next week.








1 comment:

  1. You were really close to where I grew up. Across from Wabasha there is the town of Nelson. If you take the road over the bluff rom Nelson you will eventually end up in Modena where I grew up. Great job Keep it up.
    Modena Don

    ReplyDelete