Thursday, June 25, 2009

Back to Wood


Well I have been working on these some more. There are about half a dozen so far. The idea behind these smaller pieces is that they will eventually be components to a larger whole. One of my goals in creating these pieces is to reference a stick or branch. That being said I'm really not trying to recreate a stick. In fact I have been avoiding bringing in tree branches or even pictures of tree branches. The idea behind this is that it sort of requires me to imagine what I think a branch should look like. As a result of this I am sort of realizing that my creations don't really reference a tree branch much at all. By this I mean I've never seen a stick that is just one straight line or branch. So I have been working out new ways for these piece to have a more organic forum. Originally these forums started as a pretty basic stack but I am developing slightly more complex ways of creating branches. The picture below represents one of these methods. I'll post some more pictures in the future but the light in the studio was bad and its too hot tonight to deal with the blog editor and its finicky picture uploaded. More at a later date.

-mf

No comments:

Post a Comment