Friday, June 12, 2009

micro wood stacks

So this is pretty much what I have been working on. I saved a big box of scraps from previous projects and I am working on gluing them together. Right now my intent is to create the sort of oblong stack forms and adhere them to pieces of driftwood that I find. One of the images below sort of illustrates that. In a sense I am re-imagining the form of the stick as it would sit on a tree. I view this process as a sort of reconstruction of the tree. I'm sure I will develop this concept further as I work on these more.

In other news I probably won't post again for about a week. I am going to the east side of the state where I am going to be spending next week on a house boat on the Mississippi River. I'm really looking forward to the trip I think it is going to be a lot of fun. Maybe I will have some interesting pictures to share next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment